> news

Header Ads Widget



 Emma Raducanu said she "battled with everything" as she was beaten by world number 30 Anhelina Kalinina in the main round of the Qatar Open in Doha.


The Briton was well less than impressive in an uneven first set, hitting 15 natural mistakes to her Ukrainian rival's two.


She saved two match focuses in an undeniably more cutthroat second yet Kalinina came through to win 6-0 7-6 (8-6).


"I was battling with everything - serve, return, forehand, strike," Raducanu, 21, told Sky Sports.


"I felt like I never truly got into it."


Live scores, results and request of play


Alarms: Get tennis news shipped off your telephone


The previous US Open boss is in the beginning phases of her rebound in the wake of missing the vast majority of 2023 following a medical procedure on both of her hands and left lower leg.


She dominated one game in Auckland in her most memorable competition back, arrived at the second round of the Australian Open and beat world number 36 Marie Bouzkova in Abu Dhabi last week.


Yet, that success was trailed by an extensive loss by second seed Ons Jabeur and, having been given another special case this week in Qatar, she experienced another early exit.


Raducanu had a set point at 6-5 on her serve in the second-set breaker yet Kalinina saved it and took the following two focuses to seal triumph.


The Briton hit 48 natural blunders contrasted with 22 by Kalinina, who will play eighth seed Jelena Ostapenko next.


"It was mix of things," Raducanu said.


"It was my most memorable day-match I have played in a year. That is unique.


"I want to work on preparing outside a smidgen more. The lights, conditions, shadows... it is truly difficult to see the ball, I found towards the end.


"At the point when my tennis isn't there I need to attempt and basically battle and I did that in the subsequent set."


Raducanu said she will currently get back after sequential weeks on visit yet said she really wants to "plan my competitions a piece better".


"I just battled with the planning of the ball," she said. "It will accompany additional time rehearsing as well as matches.


"It is difficult for me to become accustomed to the visit plan. It is one competition then another straight away.


"I really want to plan my tournamnerts a piece better and attempt to get more matches added to my repertoire."

Post a Comment

0 Comments