> During her divorce from Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner speaks out about experiencing mom-shaming, saying, "It's unfathomable."

Header Ads Widget

During her divorce from Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner speaks out about experiencing mom-shaming, saying, "It's unfathomable."

 During her divorce from Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner speaks out about experiencing mom-shaming, saying, "It's unfathomable."

image source Yahoo


Sophie Turner said candidly in a recent interview about how tough it was to be apart from her kids while being seen as a party animal.

When actor-musician Joe Jonas filed for divorce from his wife, Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner, in 2023, fans were taken aback. After four years of marriage, Joe submitted paperwork claiming "irreconcilable differences." Sophie talked candidly about the fallout from the news, dealing with misogyny, being mom-shamed, and being characterized as a partier in an interview with British Vogue. (Also Read: Sophie Turner requests that the court "reactivate" her divorce from Joe Jonas, her estranged spouse, in order to discuss child custody.)

When articles saying Sophie wasn't a good parent started making the rounds, Sophie says she was filming her new TV series Joan. She claims that having her kids in the US at the time of this brought her "mom guilt," but she overcame it. "I mean, those were the worst few days of my life," she remarks. I was on set, and I couldn't leave because I had a two-week commitment to remain there. I had to finish Joan, so I was unable to see my kids, who were in the States. And then all of these publications began to appear.It ached because, as a mother, I genuinely do torment myself over every decision I make—mum guilt is very authentic! All I could do was keep telling myself that this was all untrue. You've never been a party animal and are an excellent mother.

Despite all that happened, Sophie says she's glad she had to do it today rather than ten years ago when people would have treated her badly. Speaking on how a photo of her from Joan's wrap party was used to demonstrate her wild ways, she continues, "It's unbelievable how many people would just make anything up and post it online based on a photograph. Even though a picture can convey a thousand words, it cannot communicate my tale. I had the impression that I was viewing a film version of my life that I had not directed, produced, or starred in. It was startling. I'm still stunned. I doubt I would have received the same support ten years ago if something similar had happened to me. I simply consider myself extremely fortunate to live in an era of tolerance and acceptance. I f**k that Gen Z exists.

The tale of Sophie and Joe

In 2016, Sophie and Joe started dating, and in 2017, they became engaged. In addition to getting married in Las Vegas in 2019, they also were married in France in the same year. To live with Joe, Sophie relocated from England to New York City. Their two girls were born in the years 2020 and 2022. The pair fought over custody of their kids after Joe filed for divorce in 2023. According to TMZ, Sophie asked the judge to "reactivate" their divorce this year, after it had been put on hold while they attended mediation to try to come to an agreement on property and child custody.

Post a Comment

0 Comments