> The director of Mummy was 'insulted' when the Tom Cruise reboot crew failed to get in touch.

Header Ads Widget

The director of Mummy was 'insulted' when the Tom Cruise reboot crew failed to get in touch.

 The director of Mummy was 'insulted' when the Tom Cruise reboot crew failed to get in touch.

image source pint rest


The Mummy has been out for 25 years now; it was first released in 1999. A cinematic reimagining of the Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz film was also released in 2017.

Stephen Sommers is credited with launching a novel cinematic movement with The Mummy, an action-adventure horror comedy. The popularity of the film prompted a number of prequels and spin-offs. But Stephen recently stated in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that he felt disrespected when the Tom Cruise reboot's creators ignored him. (Also read: Movie review of The Mummy: Dead, withered, and shabbily wrapped. The worst-ever Tom Cruise movie


The Mummy reboot offended Stephen Sommers.

The director said, "No," when asked if he had been contacted for the 2017 action-adventure thriller The Mummy. I was actually a little offended since, in that Tom Cruise movie, neither the authors nor the director (Alex Kurtzman) ever got in touch with me. If I wanted to take over someone's project, I would get in touch with them. The third one is kind of my baby; Rob Cohen directed it. I assisted in its production since I didn't want to step on his toes. However, I was unrelated to the Tom Cruise one. They never gave me a call or got in touch. It's not like I sat crying—I was doing other things. It's only ordinary civility, in my opinion.


Concerning The Mummy

Karl Freund's 1932 American pre-Code supernatural horror film served as the inspiration for the 1999 blockbuster The Mummy. The setting of Stephen's horror movie featured the mummies of the ancient Egyptian pharaohs. Important parts in the film were portrayed by Rachel Weisz and Brendan Fraser. In the 2001 follow-up, The Mummy Returns, Dwayne Johnson had a pivotal role as well. In the spinoff prequel The Scorpion King, he also played the title character.

Post a Comment

0 Comments